1. Ross & Liddell has a general duty of fair dealing towards clients, past and present, fellow Members of the Association and the general public.
2. We will, where possible, have regard to any Deed of Conditions or Title Conditions relating to the property managed.
3. In carrying out our duties, we will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that legal and statutory requirements are observed and acted upon.
4. Unless Contractors are nominated by clients, Ross & Liddell will use all reasonable endeavours to order repairs and other works from Contractors which, either to the best of our knowledge and belief, or are in our experiences are reliable and capable of completing the works satisfactorily and at a reasonable cost.
5. We will use all reasonable endeavours to respond promptly to complaints from clients of unsatisfactory work.
6. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that payments are made by or on behalf of clients within the time limits specified for payment of such sums and in particular will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that payments do not fall into arrears.
7. We will advise clients of any material change in the terms and conditions of business applicable to our appointment in advance of the date of implementation of such change.
8. We will inform clients in writing of any shareholding or financial interest held by us in any company, firm or person whose services it engages for the provision of repairs or other works to the property managed on each occasion the member engages such company, firm or person.
9. We will use all reasonable endeavours to employ the highest standards of management in carrying out our duties and shall seek to promote the highest standards of management throughout the profession of Property Managers by encouraging continuing professional and vocational education opportunities among our staff.
10. We will uphold this Code of Practice and co-operate with fellow Members and the Council of the Association to enforce decisions on any matter arising from its application. We will procure that our directors, associates and employees act in a manner consistent with this code.
11. We will not engage in any practice nor be seen to conduct ourselves in any manner which is considered in the reasonable opinion of the Council of the Association to be detrimental to the reputation of the Association or the reputation of the Property Managers' profession.
12. We will arrange an adequate level of professional indemnity insurance, the cost of which will be borne by us.
13. We will have a complaints procedure in respect of which complaints from clients about ourselves will be dealt with in accordance with that procedure and if an adequate remedy is not available to our clients, recourse can be taken by the client to the Property Managers Association Scotland Limited.